Moroccan couch Test

SewMini

Well, sadly, finding a material thick enough for furniture building that the Curio can cut has remained elusive. That said, I did get in a great etching test last night for my couch! It took some tinkering with the settings but I think Im on the right path! I am going to kep fiddling with the pressure to find the right setting but I was so happy with this!

• Like 1

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

That is really cool.  Is that just a thin piece of metal or metalic paper?  So many things you could do with that. 

That looks really cool. What is a Curio may I ask.  I could not find anything like that when I googled it.  Thanks 

1 hour ago, Keifer said:

That is really cool.  Is that just a thin piece of metal or metalic paper?  So many things you could do with that. 

It’s a thin sheet of metal. Technically this is the stippling sheet so I dont think you are supposed to etch on it but I did anyway :D. It’s pliable enough to bend but not too thin. It’s probably about the thickness of a disposable baking pan. The set came with some Etching sheets which are much thicker and not pliable. 

Beulah, the Curio is made by Silhouette, a competitor of Cricut. It can handle thicker matherials and do things like etching and embossing which is why I got it. 

• Like 1

Wow!  That is fantastic!  Such amazing detail.  Your couch is going to be stunning.  And if you ever decide you need a tin ceiling in a build, . . . .

Just now, Debsrand56 said:

Wow!  That is fantastic!  Such amazing detail.  Your couch is going to be stunning.  And if you ever decide you need a tin ceiling in a build, . . . .

I really want to test the embossing function on metal for that very reason!

• Like 1

Even though it is not what you can use for the couch, that little piece would be gorgeous with a wash of color and hung like a piece iron art etc. Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking I might ask for a Curio for Christmas.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Even though it is not what you can use for the couch, that little piece would be gorgeous with a wash of color and hung like a piece iron art etc. Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking I might ask for a Curio for Christmas.

That’s such a great idea! I could frame it and hang it outside the house somewhere.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MikeUK said:

When I saw the pic earlier I thought now here is someone who's just discovered the deeeeelights of craft cutters! Ain't no stopping you now Miranda!

Great pattern work and so suited to miniatures!

It has definitely been so much fun! Just being able to get that level of detail has made the expense worth it though my husband probably misses me. I could spend hours tinkering!