Ceiling tile test

SewMini

Loved testing out these ceiling tiles! I did this by etching the design using my machine and then going back with a regular embossing tool to go over the straight lines around each “tile” and then in some bits withon the design itself. Im thinking about using this method to do copper wall coverings in the bathroom.

• Like 4

From the album:

SewMini's Casa del Paó d'Or

· 90 images
  • 90 images
  • 0 comments
  • 246 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

This looks amazing! :clap:

So excited to see these ideas come to fruition in your house! :D 

2 hours ago, biomom said:

Wow indeed! What type of machine? Is it expensive? I would LOVE to do this for my half scale projects!

It's a Silhouette Curio. I bought a bundle that was $265 with shipping so it's not cheap but this bundle also has everything I want. I wanted the larger base, etching/stippling tool, both embossing tools, the deep cut blade and the embossing mats. It also came with stippling and etching sheets which have obviously been fun to play with :) It does have a pretty steep learning curve so you have to be patient and willing to keep trying especially if you're using unusual materials. I'm still learning all that I can do with it and how to make it work. Like, in this case, I could have programmed it to do the embossing after I had it do the etching but I didn't think of that until after I had taken the sheet out :freaked:

• Like 1

Wow! Beautiful! I have the Silhouette Designer Machine, wonder if I could get attachments for it. I'll have to check it out!

Your inspiration is working fabulously.  Your detail is looking amazing.  Cannot wait to see what else you do with your kit bash.