Merrimack Deck.jpg

Debsrand56

The deck for the back of the Merrimack.  I may put railing around the outside edge.  I'm not sure, as it would obscure the deck a little.  I am considering putting it on just the short edge, and treating the edge that is open to us as the “fourth wall” (the imaginary wall).  Still pondering.           

• Like 3

From the album:

Half Scale Merrimack

· 117 images
  • 117 images
  • 0 comments
  • 403 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Looks wonderful! My two cents.. I'd do the rail on the side like you suggested and then do a big wide open set of stairs the length of the front of the deck.... easy access to the backyard. :D Are you going to do a landscaping board?  

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

Looks wonderful! My two cents.. I'd do the rail on the side like you suggested and then do a big wide open set of stairs the length of the front of the deck.... easy access to the backyard. :D Are you going to do a landscaping board?  

Ooh, the stairs are a good idea!  We are getting a turntable, but there won't be a lot of room for landscaping.  I'll do what I can, though.  :)

Oh my!! The mini hot-tub is just so cute, you make the most wonderful miniatures that never cease to amaze me, like a half-scale creative machine! :D

If you won't have a lot of room for landscaping you could add a bit of green with a bush edge instead of a fence, you can pretend it's growing from a garden surounding the deck. I know... terrible for termites in irl houses, but sometimes people love to relax close to lush vegetation. 

• Like 1