From the album:

Dollhouse Apartment Project

· 7 images
  • 7 images
  • 0 comments
  • 16 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Doing a quick search, I discovered that this is 1/12th unlike what I initially thought (I assumed 1/24 due to its large scale).  Also found out that it is quite rare, how exciting.  Should be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

So excited you are building this.  I have the plans for this but not sure if we really have the room in our apartment to build it!  Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I had this on my follow/watch list on Ebay. I missed out getting it. Congrats!! Hope you enjoy it. It looks very intriguing.

Yes this is 1/12 scale, and don't let sized stop you on building it. I actually live in a tiny house. 280 square feet. It won't be housed here but it will be built in here. And this is a very rare and hard to get design, and I have been literally 20 years trying to get this design and finally got it a couple of months ago. I'm hoping to have the bulk of it done by this summer. But furnishing it will probably take years. One of the reasons I really have wanted to try it is because this isn't your traditional flat sheets of board build it's actually built like an architect model. I'm hoping to have at least the store buildings done by the end of January. Finances for buying the rest of the wood will dictate how long the apartments themselves take. And I do plan on a couple of small additions on these original plans.

On 12/27/2017, 5:47:27, KathieB said:

Oh, my, what a neat project! What scale is this? Dimensions?

The overall dimensions on the original say that is 48 and a 1/2 in wide and 24 and 1/4 inches deep and 56 inches high. I do of course plan on changing some of that so it's going to be a little bit wider and most definitely taller.

On 12/27/2017, 11:26:34, Keifer said:

Doing a quick search, I discovered that this is 1/12th unlike what I initially thought (I assumed 1/24 due to its large scale).  Also found out that it is quite rare, how exciting.  Should be fun to watch. 

I never do anything by halves what can I say.

• Like 1