Lit up but still dark

abloom

Electrifying the house was hard, because I didn't know how and I wasn't going to but changed my mind after it was all glued together and wallpapered. I won't make that mistake again. I do love the lit fireplaces, candles and lamps in this dark old place (and can ignore a few wires that show). If anyone knows how to photograph it without getting the glares and streaks of light, I could use some advice. I'm using my iphone camera, so I don't know if that's possible.

• Like 4

From the album:

Gothic Orchid

· 38 images
  • 38 images
  • 0 comments
  • 97 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 5s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 320

Recommended Comments

The lighting looks right for the house, worth the effort I think.  As far as the light streaks, I’m not sure about that..sorry. 

I'm not sure you will completely get rid of the glare but you can tone it down by focusing the phone camera on the actual light. Touch the screen right where the light is and it will refocus on the light reducing the brightness of the photo. Once refocused. Take the picture.

Thanks for that tip. Unfortunately, when it reduces the brightness so the light doesn't glare, it tends to darken everything else almost to invisible. But I'll play around with it and see what I can get. I think you're right, that's probably the only way with this camera.

Maybe you could try the red eye reduction editing function on it after you take the photo.

Try shining a light into the house to balance out the interior lights.  They lights will still be visible, but it should cut down on the light streaks.  A desk lamp or flash light should work.  It it's too bright, try not shining it directly into the house but just at enough of an angle to brighten the house's interior.