© Debora ODells Designs

Debora59

After casting sanding painting and framing the Gothic windows, comes the picky work of adding glass and grids which are sandwiched in between more casings on the back side.

Copyright

© Debora ODells Designs
  • Like 4

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Haha! When I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was painted blue and yellow, and I wondered how the heck that would fit in with a stone manor! It is looking great though. Not at all horrid blue.

• Like 1

Looking good!  Are these windows similiar to the ones in the smoking room pic?  Also what are these cast from? 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Keifer said:

Looking good!  Are these windows similiar to the ones in the smoking room pic?  Also what are these cast from? 

Thank you. Yes these floor to ceiling windows are an identical to the windows in the smoking room, I made rubber molds of the 2 different window casings.

I didn't realize that you cast these, what a great way to get windows you like without woodwork.  They look like they will fit right in with the stone, after the blue tape that is lol.  I thought they were blue at first too until I looked closer.

• Like 1

Thank you, when I wanted grand door ways for my 1:12 scale castle, my husband encouraged me to try casting my own since I was going to need quite a few. And that broke the ice. I did the same for my scratch build French Chateau, this also helped me to design the way I wanted to with taller and wider doorways. The casting material is professional and its a hard resin like plastic, 

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=96354

14 hours ago, Goldenrodfarm said:

Wow, how many hands do you need to do this?

LOL, I learned from practice to frame out one side of the casings into the window I want, triple, double, single, bay, short casings for dormers etc. The floor to ceiling was inspired by the Poldark series, with Chavenage House. And others like the Nutfield Priory in Sussex. I had wanted to try it for very a long time. Once they are framed out and glued in, I add the glass the grids and the other side of the casings to sandwich. 

Got the Poldark 1st series and told Chuck "Debora's windows!"  They are looking AMAZING!!!  now if I personally can get myself out of this deep freeze.....You are doing fantastic.

• Like 1

That's incredible. Even after reading how you do it, I think it must involve a magic wand. They are just gorgeous!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, abloom said:

That's incredible. Even after reading how you do it, I think it must involve a magic wand. They are just gorgeous!

Thank you so much!!!! Something magical has definately happened for this scratch build to come together!