Linens!

Now that I'm feeling inspired with the bed, I wanted to go ahead and dress it, especially as I am a firm believer in the 'linens first, walls later' method of decorating. Never have I been so glad that my mom taught me the basics of how to sew either.

• Like 1

From the album:

Newberg Dollhouse Kit Bashing

· 110 images
  • 110 images
  • 0 comments
  • 74 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SAMSUNG-SM-N920A
  • Focal Length 4.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/13
  • f Aperture f/1.9
  • ISO Speed 200

Recommended Comments

That teeny tiny leaf pattern is really pretty... And very neatly sewed too! I like that you have made it behave and conform to the bed shape. I'm never a fan when bedding looks like a teepee, angling off the sides of the bed. :) 

6 minutes ago, Samusa said:

That teeny tiny leaf pattern is really pretty... And very neatly sewed too! I like that you have made it behave and conform to the bed shape. I'm never a fan when bedding looks like a teepee, angling off the sides of the bed. :) 

Thanks! I agree, the tepee look isn't great, and definitely messes with the realism! I also wanted to be sure that I could change out the top bedspread later if I want, so instead of gluing it into place, I folded it on the drape lines, then ironed those folds. Then when it's unfolded and put on the bed you get a nice, natural drape and no tepee look!