• 180 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 200

Recommended Comments

I’ve decided that I’m going to name my foray into furniture building after the women in my life, starting with my wife. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Samusa said:

Gorgeous! That end table is such an unusual design, but so lovely :)

Thanks sam....I dont know if I’m completely sold in the design just yet. 

4 hours ago, KathieB said:

Beautiful, elegant. Is this your own design?

Thanks so much. Unfortunately it is not my own design.  I’m no furniture designer...hell 6 months ago I wasn't even into minis.  My prior obsession was cars like a lot of guys, I had a sporty little toy but unexpected financial events forced me to sell her.  Now I’m just a guy who has discovered he likes to build things. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Keifer said:

Now I’m just a guy who has discovered he likes to build things. 

And does a great job of it!  These are really lovely.  Heather should be proud of her collection.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Keifer said:

You may not be sold on the design, but I'll bet there is someone out there who is willing to buy it. :) 

• Like 1

I just love them both.  Incredible.  You better watch, the real Heather may want you to build some life size ones now. :)  

You have a talent for building furniture.  I love the designs and like others have said I bet there is a huge market for beautiful modern miniature furniture.  Great job.

58 minutes ago, Keifer said:

Thanks so much. Unfortunately it is not my own design.  I’m no furniture designer...hell 6 months ago I wasn't even into minis.  My prior obsession was cars like a lot of guys, I had a sporty little toy but unexpected financial events forced me to sell her.  Now I’m just a guy who has discovered he likes to build things. 

This is what got me into costuming and eventually minis. I LOVE building things. It's just so much fun and a great creative outlet if you love working with your hands. Everyone always asked me to design when they found out I sewed but, honestly, it's the construction I love. I love finding a piece that I'd like to recreate and problem solving how to do that. It's so rewarding when it comes to fruition.

You've really got the gift. Keep it up!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Keifer said:

Well, I'm sold and looks like everyone else is too! :D 

The curved wood is such a point of difference. You could make some good tool money if you sold these on Etsy. :) 

3 hours ago, Mineejv said:

Very nice..... The seat cushion looks very nice.....

Thank you, that means a lot.  I struggled really hard with that cushion (several attempts) I don’t like making cushions. 

4 hours ago, Beulah said:

I just love them both.  Incredible.  You better watch, the real Heather may want you to build some life size ones now. :)  

That would be trouble, I don’t do as well with life size furniture.  

20 hours ago, Monica_the_haunted said:

These are so good! I actually have a sofa that looks exactly like your chair, only longer! <3

Thank you.  I actually thought about down the road doing a loveseat like the chair.  I feel a couch to scale of this design would be to big for most dh

Outstanding job on this!! And I have to echo what the others have said...you could sell this. There's not a lot of choices for modern furniture, and MCM in real life scale is really hot right now. I'd take this gift you've got and run with it.

On 2/12/2018, 10:58:49, MikeUK said:

I've kept looking at this and your other work during my 'time out' and I kept thinking.......you should say something but with 20 plus comments what else is there to be said...........except I am deeply impressed and not a little envious.......in an envious sort of way!

Nice work Keith!

Thanks Mike.  I think you know how I feel about you and your work, so I appreciate the nod.  Not thats its possible but if it were, I would be humbled to be your apprentice.