Greenware

WyckedWood

This is what I ended up with for the day. Missing one adult arm and two legs  but I'll try again tomorrow. Lots of trial and error today. These are wet cleaned and drying out in a dry box. The little girl I'm most proud of because I had to attach her head to torso and I was really nervous about that. 

From the album:

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

· 311 images
  • 311 images
  • 0 comments
  • 812 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

This is really interesting, watching this process. Are they different colours of porcelain or just in different stages of drying?

20 hours ago, Samusa said:

This is really interesting, watching this process. Are they different colours of porcelain or just in different stages of drying?

Different stages of drying. They go from a greeny- brown wet clay color to white within a few hours of drying. Then after they're fired they'll be more the true color of whichever porcelain shade you picked. I chose a shade called Cool Blush. 

6 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

I think it looks like you've done well for your first go round.  :)  I am curious as to how the limbs are attached!?

If you mean when I have to attach a head to a torso...that's done with wet porcelain slip brushed on like a bandaid....after they're fired in the kiln to make a doll, they're attached one piece to another with pipe cleaners. 

• Like 1

oh gosh....I can see me trying to fiddle with pipe cleaners in little tiny holes.....I'd break half of my figures in the process!  LOL