Debora59

Now that I have 3 floor to ceiling windows installed, I am moving onto the faux stone block on the tower exterior. The stone color is made by sponge painting 2 or more colors onto textured mount board and then I slice it evenly with my mount board slicer and glue in place. I am trying to imagine the front center wall [ above the door ] completed, it will really look like an entire home at that point. I have to make 2 single windows and a double for that wall ] Then maybe next summer the opposite tower can be built.  I have a few changes to make I will remove the accent line of stone, on the door section wall and replace it with the tan colored stones. At the point where the coins are on the inside corners, I will leave that as is so the stone has less of a chance to get damaged when the house is moved around. but I might cover the dark paint with lighter paint so it wont be as noticeable.

• Like 3

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Your stonework is incredible, keep up the fantastic work!

Is the wheeled platform a single piece or divided into sections? You have a really nice transportation system going on, I am thinking about doing something like this to help me move the house around as it's getting quite heavy to lift.

• Like 1

OH DEBORA....its so artistically done.  You sure do the stone mat board so well.  Loving how all of this is coming together!!!!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

Your stonework is incredible, keep up the fantastic work!

Is the wheeled platform a single piece or divided into sections? You have a really nice transportation system going on, I am thinking about doing something like this to help me move the house around as it's getting quite heavy to lift.

6 hours ago, Beulah said:

Wow, this is museum quality.  Just incredible 

11 hours ago, miniaddicted said:

Its all coming together nicely! I really love the faux stone colors - they work well together! 

5 hours ago, Emerald said:

OH DEBORA....its so artistically done.  You sure do the stone mat board so well.  Loving how all of this is coming together!!!!

Thanks everyone! There are 5 rolling platforms with 3 stories on each. [ well there will be once the opposite tower is built, the towers are adding about 2 years to the build] The bases all clamp together underneath. I have more to go back complete on each room box as well. 

Not that you need one but is there a plan once this beautiful building is done?  Are you keeping it, is it going on display somewhere....just curious? 

• Like 1

I sold a historical 1/6 scale back around 2015 that I had refurbished., to a collector. It was larger than this one because it was 6 ft deep [ to accommodate a spiraling staircase.] where as mine is 4 feet at the deepest points.http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=101791 But I had learned so much from that doll house which was built for the JP Morgan children in late 1800s, that I wanted to take what liked and didn't like and build one more suited to my space. So that being said you never know what the outcome will be. More than likely it could stay with me it was built for me. Right now I am enjoying designing building and decorating it.