TrainCarOneBenchConfig.jpg

Debsrand56

Using my Cameo, I cut two walls from chipboard and two from wood veneer.  One of the wood veneer walls was, obviously, a reverse image.  I then sandwiched them all together with permanent glue stick and put them under a heavy book while drying.  This made them the same thickness as the original solid wood, and they are quite sturdy. I kept the size of the window and door the same, so that I could use the components provided in the kit.  In the new configuration, I can only fit one bench, but I think I like it.  There is a little table that comes out from the wall on the near side (the wall that isn’t actually there in this picture), and there are luggage racks above, although I think I’ll only put one on the side opposite the bench.

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Train Car

· 30 images
  • 30 images
  • 0 comments
  • 80 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, Samusa said:

I have got to get a cameo! Do you have a Maker?

Just a Silhouette 3.  The tools from other Cameo models also work in it.  Technically, the Silhouette 3 has no "emboss" function, but I use the embossing tool for the Curio and tell my Silhouette that it's a "pen," and then play with the pressure and number of passes.  It doesn't do well on cutting thick materials, but other than that, I've been very pleased with the results.  I could never cut this cleanly and consistently by hand.