Scored floors

jbnmini

The floors in the Cadigan farmhouse are finally finished!  Since this is a play house and not for a collector, they got the basic scoring treatment.  And since the scale of the house is a bit off, I made the "boards" a bit wider so that they would be more in scale with the front door and the furniture for the house.

• Like 2

From the album:

Cadigan Farmhouse

· 18 images
  • 18 images
  • 0 comments
  • 30 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Canon Canon EOS REBEL T5
  • Focal Length 49 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/13
  • f Aperture f/5.6
  • ISO Speed 3200

Recommended Comments

These are so pretty . I do have a ? So you score right into the floor that was provided with the kit and stain it? Oh yeah what do you actually score with?

• Like 2

Thanks- and yes, this was the original piece of wood that made the floor.  It was nice looking, and the client was on a budget so scoring is the cheaper way to go.  

First I sanded the floor with my mouse sander and stained with the lighter stain. Sanded lightly when dry, then did the scoring with a small pointy Philips screwdriver I have.  I use a metal ruler to keep my lines straight.  I used to use the pointy part of a old school compass, but it broke and I had to find a replacement. :)  Sand again after scoring and then I added another coat of the darker stain, then 2 coats of gloss poly.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jbnmini said:

Thanks- and yes, this was the original piece of wood that made the floor.  It was nice looking, and the client was on a budget so scoring is the cheaper way to go.  

First I sanded the floor with my mouse sander and stained with the lighter stain. Sanded lightly when dry, then did the scoring with a small pointy Philips screwdriver I have.  I use a metal ruler to keep my lines straight.  I used to use the pointy part of a old school compass, but it broke and I had to find a replacement. :)  Sand again after scoring and then I added another coat of the darker stain, then 2 coats of gloss poly.

Thanks I'll have to remember this It looks really good 

They look like real hardwood floors..  They don't even look like "simulated" hardwood floors at all.  A job well done by a professional for sure.