Wagon side decoration

Shareb

Next up I have to figure what I'm going to use for the ribs and decoration over the top of the T&G.  I have a pic of a couple of choices.  I'd like the more authentic option but I have no idea how to paint thin white lines on a toothpick.  Would love your opinions!

From the album:

McQueenie Gypsy Caravan

· 147 images
  • 147 images
  • 0 comments
  • 251 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

This wagon is BEAUTIFUL and AWESOME doesn't even give it the word it deserves.  I personally LOVE IT.  Well done.

• Like 1

For the painting on the tooth pick ( round or flat)? Try painters tape and leave a small line to paint in? If you have gel pens maybe try that.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mineejv said:

For the painting on the tooth pick ( round or flat)? Try painters tape and leave a small line to paint in? If you have gel pens maybe try that.

It's round.  I've tried a tiny brush and a twink (white out) pen.  Neither really gave me smooth lines.  It needs to be white or cream and I haven't seen any gel pens that colour.  I think painters tape might be the way to go...

3 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

I think a fine-point paint pen may be the way to go.  I've had good luck with the Sharpie pens. They dry really quickly.  Your caravan is absolutely stunning!

Thanks Debs - again, If I was doing the lines gold or another colour that would be okay but I haven't seen white Sharpies.  Do they do them??

Thanks All!!

5 minutes ago, Shareb said:

Do they do them??

Yep!  The link I provided shows a five-color set, including black, white, blue, red and yellow.  You may be able to buy the white individually if you have a local art supply store.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Just gorgeous! Love the trim along the roof.. is that paper lace?

Yes!  Sticky backed paper lace which I cut in half and sprayed gold.  I am vaguely wondering if I use the same but cut down more and up the other way, on the other piece of roof trim.  I'm not sure how much I like it though....it's too much for my taste and I don't have a Gypsy lady yet to run it past!!  :D

2 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

Yep!  The link I provided shows a five-color set, including black, white, blue, red and yellow.  You may be able to buy the white individually if you have a local art supply store.

Ahh....should have looked at the link!!  I may have to order one online as I'm not sure I've seen this set or similar here in NZ.  Thank you!

1 minute ago, Shareb said:

I may have to order one online as I'm not sure I've seen this set or similar here in NZ.

Sorry!  Forgot you are in New Zealand!  Hope you can find it.  

P.S.  I love the paper lace.  I vote it stays.

• Like 1

I found this one....I won't be able to get it till tomorrow but that's okay.  Do you think this will dry on paint?  I'd say it would - but I bought two other types of gold which just smudged my wheels so I'm very careful now!

https://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/product/W2257387.html#q=fine+white+marker&start=1

Thanks for your vote!  I'll try it on the other bit too then.  Plus I've got something really fun to finish off the roof...watch this space! :D