CoatFront.jpg

Debsrand56

Over the weekend, I made a coat to hang in the day compartment.  I bought the miniscule hound’s-tooth checked fabric from Dragonfly International a couple of years ago (I think it’s their mini-micro check), with the thought of someday making a coat.  I got the buttons and chenille “fur” from Miniature Luxuries.  The buttons are really 1:12 scale, but I figure oversized buttons can work on a coat.  Here it is shown on my half-scale mannequin (really a Bead Landing pendant from Michael’s).  It fits!  I know it’s not perfect, but I’m still really pleased at how it turned out.

• Like 3

From the album:

Half Scale Train Car

· 30 images
  • 30 images
  • 0 comments
  • 80 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

It looks perfect to me. So much detail for something so tiny. I like that you added both horizontal and diagonal pocket trim. Coats with 4 pockets are my favourite in real life. :) How did you simulate button holes?

25 minutes ago, Samusa said:

How did you simulate button holes?

Thank you!  The button holes are a strand of embroidery floss split in half, lightly coated with ModPodge to stiffen and straighten, then snipped into short segments and glued to the front.  It just looked odd with buttons and no buttonholes, so I had to do something!  :)

I am embarased to say I can't sew anything more complicated than a pillow, everytime I try to make small scale clothes with the glue method it just turns into disaster lol. It's gorgeous, I'm really amazed with all the details specially the tiny pockets, it's incredibly realistic for its size :o 

• Like 1