Dining.jpg

Debsrand56

Here you can see the kitchen and dining table from above.  The table is not yet glued down.  It is so narrow I had to offset the place settings, as I didn’t have room to put them across from each other. :(  The “china” (made from paper) is the Etoile du Nord pattern from the real-life Orient Express.  The napkin rings are crimp beads.  I made the cloverleaf rolls from polymer clay, but the leg of lamb, blueberries, Chantilly cake, and asparagus with hollandaise sauce are all purchased.  The champagne bucket with bottle was a pewter mini that I painted.  It’s a little large.  I also had purchased a green bottle with the thought of making my own champagne bucket, but the bottle is about 1/3 the size—way too small!  I really need something in between but, for now, I’m just telling people that’s a magnum of champagne!

• Like 2

From the album:

Half Scale Train Car

· 30 images
  • 30 images
  • 0 comments
  • 80 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

"I’m just telling people that’s a magnum of champagne!"  - As you do! :D 

That leg of lamb is amazing!

I don't think the table setting look bad at all.  All the little details are so lovely, no one will notice. 

I am in love with the table setting, those dishes are gorgeous I can hardly believe it's paper, just wow! :eek: I have been looking for a 1:24 ice bucket for a while, where did you find this gem? I have considered trying to make one out of a bedcap but haven't found the right shape and size. The bottle looks perfect to me, I think some 1:24 size bottles are way too small ;) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

I am in love with the table setting, those dishes are gorgeous I can hardly believe it's paper, just wow! :eek: I have been looking for a 1:24 ice bucket for a while, where did you find this gem? I have considered trying to make one out of a bedcap but haven't found the right shape and size. The bottle looks perfect to me, I think some 1:24 size bottles are way too small ;) 

Thanks, Ashley!  Believe it or not, the ice bucket was a cast pewter mini from the Virtual Dollhouse.  Some paint, a label, and some fake ice cubes added on top, and it isn't too bad.  I agree on the too small bottle size.  The other bottle I bought was ridiculously small!

• Like 1