Sparkling Siding

Sister Kyoya

Got into a snit about not having anything really worked on in a while (as my husband was speeding through his Buttercup during his vacation.) I happened to find some fabric backed vinyl in the color and sparkle I wanted after trying to research how to make wood look like an automobile exterior. None of the paint options available to me were even remotely suitable. But this vinyl was perfect and cheap by comparison.

Thinking my procrastination had more to do with me thinking about it too much and not my energy levels (as is often the case anymore) I decided to just have a go at it. Spackled in the the stamped out 'food window' because it just doesn't suit him. If he sold any food from his trailer I don't think you would want to eat it. :D

Once that dried it was sanded down, dusted off, the wood glue was pored on and evenly spread. Vinyl was added and excess glue cleaned up. Books on top to be weighed down for the night.

Excitedly the next morning I eagerly cut off the excess.

From the album:

Bjørn's Trailer

· 8 images
  • 8 images
  • 0 comments
  • 6 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SAMSUNG-SM-J120A
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/14
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 100

Recommended Comments

Whoops.. I should have read further along. Looks like you found the perfect solution. :)