shutters and window bars glued on

Shareb

The shutters and window bars are now glued in place.  I'm prepping the decorations for the sides.  The leaves are currently blue-tacked on while I paint the ribs ready.  I keep thinking it looks cluttered - but it's not supposed to be to my taste!!

From the album:

McQueenie Gypsy Caravan

· 147 images
  • 147 images
  • 0 comments
  • 251 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I think it will be fabulous, and totally in keeping with the caravans that inspired it, when done.  I have a question.  What is that little cage-like area above the left wheel for?  It is just decoration?  Did they keep their chickens in there when moving around?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

It's looking gorgeous to me! This is one of my all time favorite shades of blue :)

Yep mine too!  Plus it's a lovely colour paint to use - covers amazingly well!

5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

What is that little cage-like area above the left wheel for?  It is just decoration?  Did they keep their chickens in there when moving around?

Yes!  There is one on either side and they're chicken coops!  I've ordered some chickens off Etsy so will put the hens in these with eggs and have a couple of roosters pecking around outside somewhere.  I tend to feel sorry for the chickens - they're so tiny.  I hope they didn't have to stay in these coops for too long!