Purse2.jpg

Debsrand56

Second, an Enid Collins-inspired handbag.  My grandmother, mother and aunt all had an Enid Collins handbag when I was growing up, and when we were about 10, my cousin and I got kits for “junior sized” handbags of our own.  We loved them because we thought they were so grown up!  I used microbeads and fingernail “jewels” to decorate it.  I do need to work on the handles.  I used origami paper for the trim (and the shoes) as it works much better than regular paper for these projects, but for some reason, it didn’t do well for the handles.  Not entirely sure the purse goes with my traveler’s outfit, so it may end up in the Merrimack.  Margot is fashion forward, and I’m sure she’d love it.

• Like 6

From the album:

Half Scale Train Car

· 30 images
  • 30 images
  • 0 comments
  • 80 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Whaaat! That is amazing! So detailed! How on earth did you cursive so tiny??? You don't need tiny finery, you have this accessory making down pat. :D 

Thanks, everyone!

3 minutes ago, Samusa said:

How on earth did you cursive so tiny???

Not with my own fingers!  :) I printed the background design on fabric, using the good old freezer paper method.  While Word's lowest default point size is 8 pt., it will accept a lower value typed in.  This is just 4 point type with a cursive font.