Shoes.jpg

Debsrand56

Inspired by the coat and hat I made last weekend, I made some more mini clothing/accessories this week.  First, shoes.  I have always loved spectators.  I’m not entirely sure why there are shoes sitting on the floor of the compartment, but I like to think my mini traveler slipped them off and put her stockinged feet up on the ottoman while she knit and watched the beautiful scenery roll by. 

• Like 5

From the album:

Half Scale Train Car

· 30 images
  • 30 images
  • 0 comments
  • 80 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Shareb said:

Those shoes are gorgeous!!  How did you make them?

Thank you!  I found a simple pattern for a high-heeled shoe online.  Honestly, I think it was meant for making a fondant shoe for cake decorating.  I shrank it down so that the sole was only 1/2 long, cut out my pieces and carefully glued the top piece around the edge of the sole.  (When you do that, the sole automatically curves.)  I like to use origami paper for the main part of the shoe because it just behaves better.  I glued the toe and heel back pieces on separately.  The heel itself is the painted tip of a toothpick.  :)

• Like 2

I love how your miniature settings always tell a story in a very visual way! Fantastic work on the shoes, they are perfect for the coat and hat attire ;) 

• Like 1