Porcelain pieces

WyckedWood

a few of my finished porcelain pieces, (doll isn't completely finished yet) definitely a learning process, some things I'll do differently next time but this is really interesting/fun to learn. About 4 different firings on these pieces. 

• Like 3

From the album:

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

· 311 images
  • 311 images
  • 0 comments
  • 812 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I knew the vases and platters would be great and so totally sellable . I do hope you get the gold accent paint eventually as I love little gold cups .

The doll is Sooo pretty She looks great now can't even imagine what she'll look like as you get even better. 

Thanks Kathie, thanks Nellie. The painting on the vases and dishes is much easier to manage than the dolls faces, that’s for sure. I’ve looked into the gold Nellie it’s pretty expensive, and apparently challenging to paint with, so that’s a whole different level, but something to strive toward. I like a little bit of gold accent too. 

Not only vases, but these could be made in to lamp bases too, very exciting :) 

I really love that tray!

Just a thought, In nail art, they have a brush on latex that people use to mask off areas they don't want to get nail polish on. It peels right off when you're finish and is super easy to use. Perhaps some Testor's gold and a little latex for blocking off and that could make things easier?

• Like 1

Is testors real gold or enamel? The gold used in china painting is real gold, even some of the china paint powders (colors) have real gold in them. I know they make a “gold eraser” its supposed to clean areas where you might go over the design line. 

1 hour ago, WyckedWood said:

Is testors real gold or enamel? The gold used in china painting is real gold, even some of the china paint powders (colors) have real gold in them. I know they make a “gold eraser” its supposed to clean areas where you might go over the design line. 

I assume it's just an enamel but are you against using that? I know it's not technically accurate but it's more readily available. The Plaid Liquid Leaf is really nice.

Thanks Nathalie! 

I’m not sure about the testors gold, maybe I could test it on a piece and see what it’s like. Thanks for the suggestion :) 

Karin, your paintwork is exquisite! The colours are very refined and subtle. Your face painting also, your dolls have a lot of warmth in their expression. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.