Chantily-wip1.JPG

wormwoodz

Started working on the half scale Chantilly on the weekends. A smaller project like this is perfect for when I don't have a lot of free time, unlike the Beacon Hill I can just work in small bursts here and there.

This is the assembly as of right now, I am currently working on the interior walls for the attic so the roof will only be glued when the decor in that room is finished (it's too narrow to work otherwise). For the exterior I'll be doing vertical siding with diamond shaped shingles. I was considering either light yellow or beige for the walls, but it wasn't constrasting enough with the trims so I ended up going with this grey-brownish color instead. Last night while testing the roof fit I had to modify the tip of the front gable to fit my roof modifications. I have 'straightened' the eaves so this house won't have that top roof overhang as in the original kit.

chantilly1.jpg

• Like 2

From the album:

~ Chantilly ~

· 9 images
  • 9 images
  • 0 comments
  • 68 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/33
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 64

Recommended Comments

I have a 1:12 Chantilly that I bought half built.  It's so lovely seeing yours!  It gives me a better idea of how mine should look!

• Like 1