Debora59

Hi my name is Deb and I am a fabric addict, I found myself browsing fabrics yet again to use for a 1/6 scale rug. The process is lengthy [ but enjoyable ] I usually find several images to save in ''my cart'' and then pick the top favorite. It helps to compare them to each other in the cart for color pattern and scale, This one was found on Etsy, but I also like to troll Spoonflower and Fabric.com to find fabrics suitable to use in 1/6 scale This one has an entire group of complimentary fabrics called French General.

• Like 4

From the album:

1/6 scale house design

· 514 images
  • 514 images
  • 1 comment
  • 1,596 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I have to check those sugestions because you have an amazing selection of fabrics! Sometimes it's hard to find textured fabrics to work with 1:12 and 1:24 scales. Do you like woven silk? I found this Etsy seller that I love and they sell small cuts, SilksbyUmf, I bought this one for a bed cover it's gorgeous <3

• Like 2

Thank you, I have that same fabric you purchased in blue, and I used it for a bed also in a house I sold. I normally stick to cotton quilt fabrics for upholstery, because it takes fabric glue the best. Thicker fabrics I have used for bedding and I sew the edges instead of glue

25 minutes ago, Debora59 said:

Thank you, I have that same fabric you purchased in blue, and I used it for a bed also in a house I sold. I normally stick to cotton quilt fabrics for upholstery, because it takes fabric glue the best. Thicker fabrics I have used for bedding and I sew the edges instead of glue

Ah yes, the problem with silk is it doesn't work so well with glue, and sometimes it stains... I try to hide the seams with a trim or other decoration when possible. But I love the shine and texture, I am thinking about trying some of these in chairs.

• Like 1

I am also a fabric addict! And its funny that you and I have similar tastes, along the French line. Moda - love their stuff. I located a quilting store in the Chicago area so I could see stuff in person...and it made my head spin. 

This particular fabric you show is oddly similar to my real life duvet and I'm drawn to things like it.

This online store will show you Moda but also other brands
https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Moda-Fabrics-C96.aspx

This is also along the lines of fabrics I purchased last year for potential curtains (which I haven't gotten around to yet) but you may have better luck using the florals with 1/6 scale than I was having with 1/12 scale. 

large.IMG_3560.JPG.091fceadfc5e5d14497f1

• Like 1

You found some excellent fabrics with wonderful scale for your 1/12 too. I actually thought of you when I was picking out my fabric too!!! And yes scale is a challenge even in 1/6, there were some other French fabric groups called Moda Madame Rouge that I am attracted to but it is a slightly larger scale, the pattern is one that may work with drapes, where you don't see all the pattern at the same time.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/487224065/madame-rouge-half-yard-moda-fabric-terre

The problem I have is still scale even seeing in person. But you're right for drapes, the gathered effect masks the fabric repeat and minimizes scale

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018‎ ‎5‎:‎37‎:‎59‎, miniaddicted said:

The problem I have is still scale even seeing in person. But you're right for drapes, the gathered effect masks the fabric repeat and minimizes scale

The fabric arrived yesterday and although the description says faded red its faded orange, :( 

2 hours ago, Debora59 said:

faded red its faded orange, :( 

Boo! I hate when that happens. It is so hard to judge colors due to monitor settings and what type of light the fabric was photographed in. :ermm:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Debora59 said:

faded red its faded orange, :( 

Boo! I hate when that happens. It is so hard to judge colors due to monitor settings and what type of light the fabric was photographed in. :ermm: