Chantilly-livingroom-wip.jpg

wormwoodz

Added the stairs and testing the ceiling template. Still needs some work, the light is terrible quality but the center area is embossed with a metalic copper finish imitating a "tin" effect. I thought it would be a nice combo with the walnut stain on the stairs.

I'm thinking about doing baseboards in the same stain color as the stairs, would the door and window frames look better in the same color or cream (as in the kitchen)? And I need sugestions for the color of the front door... light or dark wood? Or maybe a color, like blue? I want something that will contrast with both the exterior trims and the interior, it's a paladian style double door. 

• Like 3

From the album:

~ Chantilly ~

· 9 images
  • 9 images
  • 0 comments
  • 68 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/33
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 125

Recommended Comments

Love the wallpaper! Is it a William Morris pattern? I think I vote for the dark wood stain on the woodwork and door, although it would be pretty painted, too.

• Like 1

I'd keep the baseboard, window and door trims consistent.  Probably wood, although the cream would be lovely with your wallpaper.  For the front door, what about a marine blue (not as dark as navy, but not a bright blue, either)?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, abloom said:

Love the wallpaper! Is it a William Morris pattern? I think I vote for the dark wood stain on the woodwork and door, although it would be pretty painted, too.

Yes, it's the 1870s Honeysuckle & Tulip design printed by Itsy Bitsy for 1:24 scale, white and blue on a brown background. I'm inclined to do a dark wood frontdoor, perhaps wenge, would look nice with either cream or walnut frames. I'll leave the doorway to the kitchen open.

23 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

I'd keep the baseboard, window and door trims consistent.  Probably wood, although the cream would be lovely with your wallpaper.  For the front door, what about a marine blue (not as dark as navy, but not a bright blue, either)?

Initialy was thinking about doing wood crown mouldings and frames, but when I tested them the cream color looked nicer with the wallpaper. Maybe I need to test some floor stains to have an idea how it will look with wood baseboards. I have 2 blue colors at the moment, I used both on the Fairfield: one on the front door and the other on the siding, the blue I used on that front door is close to the blue in this wallpaper. I can also make try any mix from regular acrylic paints I have around.

I'd say the only thing you'd need to be careful off with the stained wood is darkening up the room.  I mean if the effect you're going for is dark then that works well, but otherwise it may make the room look very dark and cluttered when you get furniture in?  Love the copper!  Love the wallpaper!  Love the decorative trim on the staircase!!  The staircase looks lovely.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Shareb said:

I'd say the only thing you'd need to be careful off with the stained wood is darkening up the room.  I mean if the effect you're going for is dark then that works well, but otherwise it may make the room look very dark and cluttered when you get furniture in?  Love the copper!  Love the wallpaper!  Love the decorative trim on the staircase!!  The staircase looks lovely.

Thank you, I wanted to cover up the tabs in the staircase and got a bit carried away hehe. I don't plan on darkening the room too much, the floor will be close to this color, the front door I might make darker just for contrast.

• Like 1