• 12 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with motorola XT1650
  • Focal Length 4.5 mm
  • Exposure Time 9999/100000
  • f Aperture f/1.8
  • ISO Speed 800

Recommended Comments

He was very interested in the dollhouses and asked me to build a guy house. 

I built it for 1:12 scale furniture.

I've tried to put a pic of the front but I'm having a little trouble getting it to load.

Anyway, this is my scratch house.

If I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'll post pics of the Greenleaf house, too. And the 25+ year old one that I built for his mom. Which I think is also Greenleaf. But I don't remember what it was called.

That is quite the hangout.  I like that you added doors and windows to most of the rooms.  Of course a garage is a must for a guys place...most dollhouses don’t have garages.  Well done!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Keifer said:

That is quite the hangout.  I like that you added doors and windows to most of the rooms.  Of course a garage is a must for a guys place...most dollhouses don’t have garages.  Well done!

Thank you for the kind words. He does really like it, that was the goal! 

I wanted to build two bunks, for three, but I ran out of time. The ramp was an afterthought, when I realized that he would not be able to drive his vehicles into the garage.

I'm not overly happy with the hinges, though. Would have liked to hide them. But, it needed to be sturdy. This way, he can close it up and turn it around, when he is not playing with it. Keeps their cats, out, LOL!

I didn't put window panes and doors, because, well, it is to play with and boys can get a little rough with their toys. 

He did add a little something of his own to it. You can see the numbers written on the wood, across the back. That's the street address!

His Mom nearly flipped! Haha! I reminded her that it is his and it needed a street address. It was perfectly fine for him to fix that oversight!

I am still creating a few things for his garage and little office. And he wants me to build a gun rack for the weapons. Still thinking on that one!

I am pleased with how it turned out. I built it to last. Every seam is reinforced. The paint is washable with a damp cloth and it's a nice grade plywood. His kids will probably be able to play with it.

I scoured the internet for a suitable dollhouse for boys. I never found one that I thought was right.

This one is my own, built from scratch, for a very sweet kid that loves his Mamaw. Can't best that!

IMG_20180310_194732570.jpg