Mermaid in progress

WyckedWood

Now that I have the tail mostly finished, except for fin..I'm waiting for Angelina film to do the fin...tail fail is in the background...I can start the fun part, detailing and trying not to go overboard :) 

• Like 2

From the album:

Porcelain bisque dolls and miniatures in 1/12 scale

· 311 images
  • 311 images
  • 0 comments
  • 812 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I love her! I especially love her seashell bra! When the Little Mermaid by Disney came out, my daughter wanted a seashell bra and tried to comb her hair with a fork. This brought back so memories. You also did a great job creating the scales on her tail.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Mineejv said:

< I’m still waiting for my boobs to look like that>

Maybe we can get some porcelain injections :rofl: Karin can hook us up.

• Like 3

LOL! Wouldn't that be nice? Hahaha..

thanks about the bra, my daughter also loved that movie, I was even trying to decide if I could make the purple lady out of the Mrs Claus body, I forget her name...Ursula? That would be fun. 

My daughter always wanted to be a Mermaid.  She made herself about 4 different tails over the years from about age 11.  Love this tail - how did you make it???  What's it made out of??  Gorgeous colour!

5 hours ago, Shareb said:

My daughter always wanted to be a Mermaid.  She made herself about 4 different tails over the years from about age 11.  Love this tail - how did you make it???  What's it made out of??  Gorgeous colour!

It's made from polymer clay. So easy! Just kind of roll it out into a log shape and figure out how long you want it and shape it. After it's baked you paint it with metallic paint. The artist who wrote the tutorial used a drinking straw to indent her scales. 

• Like 1