The morgue?

abloom

Maybe I can make a wall of shelves like that, with bound volumes of old issues. 

From the album:

Half-scale Brimbles Newspaper Office

· 7 images
  • 7 images
  • 0 comments
  • 15 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I love non-residential miniatures, and this newspaper is particularly fascinating. I can already see the bits and pieces you've collected forming themselves into a knockout printing press. Will watch with great interest.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, KathieB said:

I love non-residential miniatures, and this newspaper is particularly fascinating. I can already see the bits and pieces you've collected forming themselves into a knockout printing press. Will watch with great interest.

I do too. I've wanted to do something with a Brimbles Mercantile for years, it's such a cool old-looking storefront. But it took me until now to figure out that I want to do a newspaper, and the Brimbles is perfect!

I think it is a great idea. We took a field trip to our local paper a few years ago. The presses are amazing. I think you should do it for posterity's sake, as newspaper are dying out.

• Like 1

The big papers are still going strong, with readership online more than on paper, but your hometown newspaper is fast becoming a thing of the past. It's sad, because a lot of important local news is falling through the cracks. Anyway, the former industry was really something, and I hope I can capture a little of the urgency and excitement of reporting the news in a traditional local newspaper. 

• Like 1