© brae oktober

Mora clock

otterine

Finished work on the Miss Lydia Pickett Cottage Clock in 1:12 scale by Robin Betterley's Miniatures.  Using Mora clocks as my inspiration,  I made a lot of changes to this kit and love the way it turned out.  I removed the upper scrollwork and used a Houseworks finial instead.  I made a recessed face with new artwork and tiny brass hands.  I drilled winding holes as accents, lining them with a bit of paint.

There's an added 3/16" hinge and nail serving as a knob.  I dabbed these with Taupe Metallic by Folk Art to match the other detailing.  Since the hinges don't function, the paint won't matter.  Now it looks like you can open the glass to wind the clock.

I added a small keyhole from a Classics door knob set and fashioned a key from a laser cut brass hook from The Ironworks.  This is one of my favorite details.  :D

The artwork for the body and base is from The Graphics Fairy.  I used the image as is for the base but then used elements from the original to create a design for the body in PhotoShop.  I painted the clock Greenscape by Folk Art and finished with Delta Ceramcoat Satin Varnish.  The clock face trims and the finial are Taupe Metallic by Folk Art.  I painted some accents in the same color on the body and base.

Here is the final blog post, and you can follow the steps back from there.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 3

From the album:

Half Clocked - Creatin' Contest 2018

· 69 images
  • 69 images
  • 0 comments
  • 181 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Damn that is stunning...I don’t know what else to say.  All that is in my head is “grasshopper, you have much to learn”

• Like 2

That is just amazing. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing on your blog so much about your technique. It's interesting and inspiring to see how you work your artistry. 

Your clock is FANTASTIC!!!  I cannot wait to see the theme.  Thank you for sharing parts of your project with us!!!  I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Your clock and the changes you made are fantastic as always. I love your idea of using artwork on the base of the clock, looks amazing! Hopefully we can talk in Chicago next year. lol

Jenn