clay work on castle

NellBell

Here is the first side Of the clay work and painting . Oh and the roof is done except the Tower.. I have company for a few days so put everything in it to share with them. lots more clay work to do .

• Like 2

From the album:

Magnolia Fairy house

· 5 images
  • 5 images
  • 0 comments
  • 25 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 25

Recommended Comments

Oh I bet that was great fun sharing all you’ve created and accomplished with this build.  Like a proud mama I bet, as you should be.  The clay work looks great!  Did you explain how the clay work is done somewhere and I missed it?  Just curious about the process. 

no not yet . It's pretty easy just very time consuming and a lot of paperclay. I've gone through 10 packs and have at least 5 more packs to go 

for the roof I used the Ric Pierce book roll out strips glue to roof then add the indents . It was actually very easy and once I got the groove it went fast .

the walls though are another story . I'm was just so undecided . again rolled out the clay glue to house stipple the add groves for the stones . I was trying to be perfect but found out it looked better if some of the areas overlapped . 

the chimmy again glued the paperclay on but this time I pulled off the paper clay and formed a stone and glued it right on the keep doing that will all different sizes like a mason would . It was real easy that way .

Lots of work but love it 

The stone work on the side and fireplace is looking great! I think the stone look is really worth the effort for the finished effect. :)