heritage roof fix.jpg

stickyfingers

HOURS of work spent fixing the roof. I patched a hole, reglued the back roof, replaced a few shingles, then redid the ridge on the main roof and large gable. Oh, and cleaned up the rat's nest of shingles and glue around the chimney. You'll have to trust me that it looks MUCH better.

• Like 1

From the album:

Dura Craft Heritage

· 23 images
  • 23 images
  • 0 comments
  • 32 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SCH-S738C
  • f Aperture f/2.6

Recommended Comments

I would think refurbishing a already created house would be a really hard challenge.  You are doing terrific.  I have trouble with kits, so remodeling would be worse.  YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Like the yellow house, this house was really in poor condition, and hadn't been built to the highest standard to begin with.  The rehab is clipping along faster than I expected, I think because I have a good assortment of tools and supplies, and I gained a lot of experience with the first two. 80% of the work is spent undoing someone else's mistakes. I wouldn't bother is it was a more common house, but the Heritage is special. I'm also doing this much more systematically, top down, bottom up, one wall and inch at a time, rather than just being overwhelmed with the huge mess.