Cast resin bottles

Shareb

Before cleaning the join lines etc.  I'm really happy with them!  A bit more playing around required....

• Like 4

From the album:

Making Molds and Resin casting

· 33 images
  • 33 images
  • 0 comments
  • 23 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Thanks everyone! 

5 hours ago, otterine said:

I am about to try this process for a different project, so this is super helpful.  They turned out great! :clap: 

Brae - watch a few Youtube vids on the process.  What I didn't do was put cuts in to allow air to escape, causing air pockets which didn't fill with resin.  I was meant to put in toothpicks to the tips before molding which leave little tunnels for the air to escape when casting.  I also think the second mold I made, where the bottoms were effectively where I poured in the resin, worked/works better.  I have a couple more to de-mold today to see how they've worked - although I'm already pretty certain that one of them is completely wrong!  Now I have to wait for more stuff before making more molds!!!  

My daughter also wants to use it now to create items for her Cosplay!  This is definitely a new skill to learn which can be used in so many ways!!  I wonder if you could cast dolls......I suppose you could!  The resin is amazing!  It gets very hot as it's hardening and literally within a few minutes it's ready to de-mold!!!