From the album:

Outlander Apothecary

· 165 images
  • 165 images
  • 0 comments
  • 312 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Not sure where you live but I purchased some tiny jars in the hobby lobby from the jewelry section.  20 in a package amber in color ... that may look great in your apothecary.  Just thought I would mention in case you need more.  But looks like all of these are a good start.  Can wait to see how this progresses. 

• Like 1

I love them all and how you are making them WOW I need some for my next steam punk build but I'm hoping I have enough leftover.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mini maniac said:

Not sure where you live but I purchased some tiny jars in the hobby lobby from the jewelry section.  20 in a package amber in color ... that may look great in your apothecary.  Just thought I would mention in case you need more.  But looks like all of these are a good start.  Can wait to see how this progresses. 

Actually 'not' using glass is the hardest part of this project!  It turns out that back then, the apothecaries used ceramic jars not glass.  Glass was only just coming into the picture as people began to realise it's sterile properties. Had I not had pictures to follow; had I not borrowed a heap of books from the library (believe it or not I found a book all about old apothecary jars!!) I would have been buying the bottles you've mentioned up large as they are cheap and the right size.  That's why I only bought a small group of really nice shaped bottles to cast in resin.  

3 hours ago, NellBell said:

I love them all and how you are making them WOW I need some for my next steam punk build but I'm hoping I have enough leftover.

I'm loving your Steampunk build's Nell!!!!  But let me know if you'd like a couple of cast bottles!

Wow, so interesting.  You really did your research.  Keep on keeping on for sure.  Glad you are enjoying the working with resin.  Look forward to seeing more!

• Like 1