1 Piece mold

Shareb

This is by far the easiest type of mold to have good success with.  The shape of these jars works well - they just pop straight out.  Just stand them lightly on a peice of clay and build a wall around (I used a toilet roll),  then gently pour the silicon over them.  When the silicon is dry, pull out the jars and there's your mold!

From the album:

Making Molds and Resin casting

· 33 images
  • 33 images
  • 0 comments
  • 23 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Wow, I am so impressed. Make us tutorial PLEASE!!! I would love to know what products (Brands etc.) you have used.

Thanks Carrie!  I preferred the first silicon I used even though it took 8 hours to cure, as opposed to this one which only takes an hour.  I don't want to recommend anything until I've found what I consider to be the best.  Certainly the Alumilite was the first stuff I used and is the resin I'm using (which I think is perfect - they do another which cures clear not white).  I totally recommend the resin and the silicon however they don't do large quantities or at least not affordable here in NZ which is why we tried a different brand.  Here's their website...  https://www.alumilite.com/