Hermitage, RCM Chest

Dalesq

This is a kit by Shannon at Red Cottage Miniatures and has the motif of the flowers and squirrel that is on the Nutcote house.

I've painted this one with several light coats of Americana Light Buttermilk acrylic paint, stained the top with Miniwax Golden Oak stain marker, and coated the entire piece with Americana Duraclear Satin Varnish. I wanted a little bit of a shabby chic look. Her kits are so precisely cut they go together very nicely. I rushed a bit with this one and there are some flaws (on my part), but I wanted shabby. I’ll take more care with the next pieces.

Shannon's kits have lasercut hardware. For the working drawers she has cute plates with handles, but I couldn’t resist using some of the flowers from the cut motifs as drawer pulls here. :) 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RedCottageMiniatures?ref=l2-shopheader-name

From the album:

A Hermitage

· 54 images
  • 54 images
  • 0 comments
  • 138 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPad Air 2
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 80

Recommended Comments

Lovely! I like how she has thought of everything, even the hardware. I've seen @shannonc60 shop Red Cottage Miniatures advertising in American Miniaturist magazine. I love her kits.....I need to try one! 

I like the finish you have given the chest......very simple but sweet!

• Like 1

It does look great! And love the idea of using the flowers for the pulls! Very cute. Also very happy to hear this went together easily. I always worry! Haha!

• Like 1