The music room

Keifer

I need some more accessories but the basics are done. 

• Like 2

From the album:

Modern house recreation

· 37 images
  • 37 images
  • 1 comment
  • 137 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/15
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 200

Recommended Comments

Keith, this is just amazing--the beautiful wood, the precision of your work, the lovely lighting. Very, very well done.  What kind of accessories are you thinking of adding?

I'm assuming you're making all the furniture as it fits so well into your spaces!  Amazing - would love to learn how to work wood so well!

17 hours ago, Shareb said:

I'm assuming you're making all the furniture as it fits so well into your spaces!  Amazing - would love to learn how to work wood so well!

I have made all the furniture so far, so thank you. 

• Like 1
On 8/28/2018, 10:48:42, Debsrand56 said:

Keith, this is just amazing--the beautiful wood, the precision of your work, the lovely lighting. Very, very well done.  What kind of accessories are you thinking of adding?

Thanks so much Deb.  I’m not sure at all about the accessories.  Decorating is my weak spot, I can build but then I need someone to come in and make the place look nice.  I just know I have a lot of empty shelves.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Keifer said:

I’m not sure at all about the accessories

Well, you've already made a cool modern sculpture. :)  Charms are good (I see you've already discovered the Eiffel Tower charm).  You might also consider a turned acrylic vase or two (Miracle Chicken has some nice ones, but there are more out there).  Bonsai mud men figurines could also work.  I think Asian pieces work well in a modern space, and mud men can easily be painted with acrylic paints to give them a little more personality.  Also check out https://www.etsy.com/shop/ValueARTifacts?ref=condensed_trust_header_title_items#items.  They sell French feve figurines.  Most are 1" to 1 1/2" tall and quite inexpensive.  Some (although definitely not all) could work on your shelves.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

• Like 1

The little decor pieces are always the hardest. If it’s a music room perhaps an abstract music inspired print above the dresser. Also maybe a mini album collection on the shelves. Books with a musical theme. A musical note sculpture, perhaps? Just throwing some ideas out there. Floor rug? Though it would be a shame to cover your beautiful floors :)