Hermitage, stove

Dalesq

This is the “heater” kit by Red Cottage Miniatures. It’s a great kit, but I wanted a tiny stove and not just for heat, so I’ve made a couple of minor modifications. The kit comes with a round dowel for the stove pipe. I wanted some room on the top surface for burners, so I used an oval shaped chopstick as a substitute. For the couplings I used heavy watercolor paper strips. For the burners I punched two quarter inch rounds out of light metal wrap from a champagne bottle, and then embossed the undersides with a scoring tool to create the circular burners. 

Copyright

© DAL Minis
  • Like 2

From the album:

A Hermitage

· 54 images
  • 54 images
  • 0 comments
  • 138 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPad Air 2
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 80

Recommended Comments

That's a great little stove, and very clever modifications.  I'm really liking this build.  Red Cottage Miniatures makes some really nice kits.

• Like 1
On 9/1/2018, 1:39:26, shannonc60 said:

Good ideas for modification. It’s a perfect tiny cottage stove. Look forward to seeing it “lit”.

I ordered flickering lights for it :D Just had too!

4 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

That's a great little stove, and very clever modifications.  I'm really liking this build.  Red Cottage Miniatures makes some really nice kits.

Thanks! Yep, Shannon’s kits are superb. They are perfectly cut and fit together so well, it’s just plain fun to play with them. I also like that she approaches her kit design similarly to GL...there is room for modification and lots of customizing. :D 

• Like 1