Painted windows

Shareb

I think they look pretty good!  But do I add 'glass'?

From the album:

Outlander Apothecary

· 165 images
  • 165 images
  • 0 comments
  • 312 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

The bars look great!  Do you have room to add glass?  I can't tell if there is any kind of channel for it or space behind the bars.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

The bars look great!  Do you have room to add glass?  I can't tell if there is any kind of channel for it or space behind the bars.

Thanks!  The smaller windows which were made with the 'bars' are completely flat on both sides so I'd have to simply glue it to one side.  That's why i'm a bit hesitant about it - not sure if I can achieve that tidily enough!

4 hours ago, MikeUK said:

From the other photograph it looks like the new bars are not quite as thick as the outer frame so you could use a 1mm or 1.5mm acetate / perspex.

I always think adding the glass is adding life.......without it you miss the reflections we all see in windows

You're right on both counts!  I totally agree about adding life - I do prefer the look with windows.  And yes - I hadn't thought about that but on these big windows I can resess the plastic into the one side where the bars aren't flat alongside the frame.  So I can probably achieve that okay, but as above, not sure how well I can add the acetate to the upper story windows....