© brae oktober

Rabbit mold

otterine

I need a rabbit for the HC.  How's that for a hint?!! :D  I have a lovely wood rabbit I bought back in 2012 from artbase on etsy, but I don't want to alter the original for my purpose. 

Using EasyMold Silicone Putty, I made a mold of the rabbit.  I'm using Alumilite Amazing Casting Resin, my first time using an opaque resin.  I followed the directions exactly, and it turned out well considering my original mold was not that great.  Watching it cure was fun.

Copyright

© brae oktober

From the album:

Half Clocked - Creatin' Contest 2018

· 69 images
  • 69 images
  • 0 comments
  • 181 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

So can you reuse your EasyMold a few times or is it a single use mold? Is it flexible? I should go google all this - I know!

10 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

So can you reuse your EasyMold a few times or is it a single use mold? Is it flexible? I should go google all this - I know!

:D  No worries!!  Yes, you can reuse it, and it is flexible.  You can bake it, use resins, plaster, etc.  It includes instructions for all the various materials since some have different requirements.

Here's an older blog post I did on the material: http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/griffins