Kitchen sink

Dalesq

I decided to keep the sink as a farmhouse sink rather than recessing it. I also decided I liked the natural wood countertop so I just varnished it rather than painting it. I used layers of white glue to smooth the inside of the sink (time consuming) and then several coats of white paint followed by Tripple Thick to give it a ceramic look. The drain is a sequin :) 

Copyright

© DAL Minis
  • Like 4

From the album:

A Hermitage

· 54 images
  • 54 images
  • 0 comments
  • 138 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPad Air 2
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 200

Recommended Comments

Beautifully done!  The sink was worth the effort.  What will you be using as faucet/handles?  Do they come with the kit?  I agree that I love the dishes.

• Like 1
On 10/1/2018, 1:38:44, Shareb said:

The cabinets fit in with the house beautifully!!  Love all the little dishes!

5 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

Beautifully done!  The sink was worth the effort.  What will you be using as faucet/handles?  Do they come with the kit?  I agree that I love the dishes.

Thanks!

The kit doesn’t come with hardware for the sink. I’m sure Shannon will see this and be busily creating something :). I have sink hardware in my stash that I think I will use.

Some of the dishes (lg. Bowls, teapot, cream and sugar) were gifts from Kellyannmo. The blue plates are chrysnbon saucers and the sm blue bowls are chrysnbon cups with the handles removed...my fav tricks for using 1:12 in 1:24. :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dalesq said:

The kit doesn’t come with hardware for the sink. I’m sure Shannon will see this and be busily creating something :)

I sent my husband the link to the kit on Shannon's website and suggested that I might like it for Christmas!  For my next project!  He came home and told me I'd best get a couple of kits finished then! :D 

5 minutes ago, Shareb said:

I sent my husband the link to the kit on Shannon's website and suggested that I might like it for Christmas!  For my next project!  He came home and told me I'd best get a couple of kits finished then! :D 

LOL! I’m fortunate to have married an enabler! :ohyeah:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dalesq said:

LOL! I’m fortunate to have married an enabler! :ohyeah:

Given that husband has 12 cars...well....if you don't count the kid's cars, we have 10.  One is still in the process of being restored and one hasn't been started as yet.  He has at least 2 of every tool imaginable and buys parts for his cars - even if he doesn't need them, for 'just in case'.  So generally speaking if I ask for something, I'm quite likely to get it!  :D  That way he doesn't feel so bad about his hobby!! :cucumber:

• Like 2

I love that you are building one of Shannon’s kits. I’m desperate to do one, but I’m not sure my eye sight is up to half scale. One day,with a magnifier. :D