Hermitage base

Dalesq

Yesterday I worked on the base. I added layers of heavy matboard to create addition steps up to the house and to raise it just a little. After gluing all the layers together I added the paint gel medium mix to give the stone texture and started adding washes and chalk pastels. I’ll probably add another wash or two and possibly more chalk pastels, but it’s getting close to what I wanted. In fact, I like it as a patio. I’d originally planned to cover a lot of it in grass, and still might do so, but I’m looking at other options because I like it as is. Maybe this is what the house wants? I’m here to serve. :D

Copyright

© DAL Minis

From the album:

A Hermitage

· 54 images
  • 54 images
  • 0 comments
  • 138 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPad Air 2
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 100

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, shannonc60 said:

Maybe just some garden beds? Some vines or two? A small, wiry tree?

Thank you :)

Yep, I’m looking at those types of options. I did another wash and more chalk pastels and then sealed it, so it’s ready for me to move forward.

I don’t think it needs much, nor anything fancy. Maybe a few cute little features like a tumble down stone wall, or some piles of rocks, a birdbath or well, maybe a cute arbor?? Teehee!

11 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

I don’t think it needs much, nor anything fancy. Maybe a few cute little features like a tumble down stone wall, or some piles of rocks, a birdbath or well, maybe a cute arbor?? Teehee!

LOL, yes the cute arbor is currently modeling a climbing rose I made but didn’t use on the Chanticleer, so it will probably live here. :) I made some garden furniture for it, and am working on some plants and a short wall or hedge of some sort. 

The roof will be next :) 

• Like 1