• 5 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6 Plus
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/8
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 125

Recommended Comments

Alright I’ve got a couple of things here...first off, obviously you were inspired here.  Secondly, well done!! That is a wonderful recreation from the grand staircase.  And third, just to be clear, your inspiration photo is of a real house right?

Thank you! Yes, its a real house.  My husband and I wanted desperately to buy it, but we don't live in the state, have jobs there, can't afford a second home, you know, all the trappings of rational thinking lol. Someone just bought it recently, but husband and I are convinced they are not happy at all there.  How could they be, when they are living in someone else's dream home?  Smacks of fraud and dishonesty, or maybe I am just a petty, small person.  That's probably it!  Still, love it though.  I imagine the carpenter who made the staircase and the rest of the woodwork in the house (gorgeous black walnut everywhere) looked like Rasputin, or Gandalf, Merlin, etc. and was told by the owner "Right here. In this room.  Let's see every single thing you can do.  And he did.  The actual pictures of the house don't do it justice at all!

22 minutes ago, oldhousefan said:

husband and I are convinced they are not happy at all there

I love it! You are so right, how could anyone be happy living in someone else's dream home. Make a plan with your husband to haunt it in the afterlife.....LOL!

You are doing beautiful work on your posts, and I hope your mini version will ease the disappointment of not have the original. Is the original house a historic landmark?

These are beautiful!  Excellent re-creation of the original.  Your miniature house is going to be just as amazing as its inspiration.