No tickling

Sister Kyoya

Tama: "Do I have to tickle you first?"
Bree: "Nooooo..." *scampers off while giggling*

Angel's house finally has a proper name! Been trying for a few days to think of something original other than "Christmas house" and finally decided on Gingerspice Lodge.

By evidence of the massive pieces of tape, the main pieces are glued. My OCD did not like having to use so much tape but better that than the pieces popping out of place with the glue drying. The floor and ceiling pieces are daunting trying to figure out how to glue the length without making a massive mess. That was the single part I had no confidence in and was causing an emotional meltdown. Knowing the pieces don't fit perfectly did not help any. It is probably dry by now since it was finished about 3 hours ago but I'm going to leave it taped until tomorrow.

I'm contemplating taking a blunt syringe (left over from our kitten's 'bottle feeding' days) and use it to accurately fill in more of the gaps. I'm just not sure if the wood glue will go through the needles. It might and I think it is worth trying. Especially if it works and would stop the remainder of my OCD anxiety about the structural integrity. (This is not a mild anxiety but one that literally is leaving me so tense my muscles are hurting.)

I believe I am past the worst part of construction since all of this had to be done at once. I have bought many dollhouse kits but this is the first to be glued. This is mostly due to my stupid OCD freaking out that everything will go wrong and it paralyzing me. So once the residual nasty emotions stop I'll be able to be a lot happier about it.

• Like 1

From the album:

Gingerspice Lodge [ The Madison ]

· 22 images
  • 22 images
  • 0 comments
  • 15 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SAMSUNG-SM-J120A
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/40
  • f Aperture f/2.2