Model of Biltmore

Debora59

Caught a video of Upstairs at Biltmore on YouTube and what a nice surprise this model is on the 4th floor, built y an architect in late 1800s to show Mr. Vanderbuilt what his structure would look like completed, 

• Like 1

From the album:

Inspiration season

· 86 images
  • 86 images
  • 0 comments
  • 165 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, chapchap73 said:

We've been to Biltmore a few times and never seen this. It's such a great place

I was wondering about that, if this is something the public is allowed to see.... and if they allow visitors to take photos inside the house? Visitors are not allowed to take photos inside Highclere Castle in UK and that took a lot away from our visit, it was actually one of the let downs of out trip in late August. I was also a little let down because we could not take photos of Buckingham interiors either, but that place was sooooo stunning it made up for it. I thought Buckingham Palace would be a bit gawdy but it was NOT, it was so well put together because of a lot of things but for me it was the colors used everywhere, it was perfection. I would visit it again, but not Highclere Castle.

Biltmore changes the rooms you are allowed to see pretty frequently. They also have different behind the scenes tours available which are really fun. We did one on the inner workings of the house that went over the electrical system and heating systems. So cool. I don't recall seeing any no photos signs the last time we visited.

• Like 1