Kit lens vs Fresnel lens

PapaJKK

This is why I had to have the Fresnel lens. It looks so amazing in the lantern room with the flashing beacon light. Even though it's a replica, it actually works like a real Fresnel. By the way, it is a 3rd order Fresnel. I must give credit for the Fresnel lens idea to Brae and her Otterine's Miniatures blog about her Walnut Bay Light. I may not have known about this amazing replica otherwise. The beacon is the 1/12 scale GRS Light House Beacon from Cir-Kit. Everything Is Awesome!

• Like 2

From the album:

Lighthouse

· 17 images
  • 17 images
  • 0 comments
  • 13 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

The Fresnel lens is perfect.  Just curious, have you seen the real life Fresnel lens, Destruction Island Lens, that is displayed at the Westport Maritime Museum in Westport, WA?  There is also a miniature of the Coast Guard Station building on display.

They really are night and day, aren't they?  :D  It's great to see that this fits in the lantern room.  I ended up using the Christmas ornament version for mine since it was too big for the lighthouse kit I used.  This looks awesome.  Excellent work!  :clap: