Calling in Back Up AKA the Curio

SewMini

I was absolutely wasting away trying to build Garden Lodge by hand with foam core. I haaated how imprecise it was no matter how careful I cut. I decided to scrap what I had and just lay everything out in my Silhouette design program and cut it on my Curio. It doesn't cut all the way through but it cuts enough that all I have to do is go over a few extra times with a blade to release it all. Even though it takes a bit of doing to get it all set up in the Silhouette, I really love the result.

• Like 2

From the album:

Freddie Mercury Garden Lodge

· 17 images
  • 17 images
  • 0 comments
  • 16 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Interesting. I've  never used anything like this. Will you be using this paperboard instead of foamcore or just using this as your template on top of foamcore?

I'm going to use the paperboard instead of the foamcore. If it were something that was going to be played with I might not but since it's just going to be for looking at it's not as much of an issue. I just need it to be able to hold up to a bit of gluing. The nice thing is that I can use the same templates to also cut things like the paper for internal rooms. For instance, There is one room that will be decorated and it's yellow. I can just throw a piece of cardstock into the machine with the right color and cut it out. It will match up perfectly with the paperboard and all I'll have to do is glue it down.

• Like 2