Island mock up

Keifer

Through together a Island mock up.  I thought about doing the island in white with a darker counter top.  I think if I do the island dark gray like the cabinets then the whole kitchenwill be too dark.  What do you guys think?

• Like 2

From the album:

Scratch built dollhouse

· 57 images
  • 57 images
  • 7 comments
  • 288 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 125

Recommended Comments

I think it looks great, though. The white island brightens things up and I love the darker countertop. Looks great with the cooktop on it, too.  The only thing is I find myself leaning to see those beautiful dark cabinets and that awesome white counter top - that looks soooo good. 

I like it.

The dark gray kitchen without the island looks real life to me. 

I kinda wish I could just see the kitchen without an island. I'll be honest - I want to see that wood floor juxtaposed with that dark cabinet color...and see that white apron front sink. It looks so good!

I love the style of your island but I think I prefer the other colour combo the same as the cabinets. I don’t think it will be too dark. You have light walls and countertops. But then I am someone building a kitchen with indigo walls... I may be bias:rofl:. Are you putting hardware on the cabinets? Hardware and lighting choices will assist with lightening is up too.

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

I kinda wish I could just see the kitchen without an island. 

I hear what you’re saying but I really want an island.  The final version will look better.  It was helpful to do the mockup, I can that I need to downsize it quite a bit, its overpowering as is. 

I think a smaller island would help.  I agree that it's a shame to hide that floor and sink, but I understand that most modern kitchens have islands.  However, I like the lighter cabinet and darker counter top for the island. Contrasting islands can add interest.  (OK.  I got that quote from Better Homes and Gardens.)  They had a pretty interesting slide show:  https://www.bhg.com/kitchen/island/contrasting-kitchen-islands/  

Loving the grey, loving the island, agree that it could be a little smaller however.  I really like the contrasting colours - many modern kitchens have butcher block islands so that could also be an idea.