Ultrasonic cutter

Shareb

So I got to play some more with my ultrasonic cutter after deciding to panel the attic.  As MikeUK warned me that blades tend to snap when using against a steel ruler I've been using a piece of wood instead.  It is melting the cutting mat underneath, so I bought a cheap, small mat which I know will be ruined eventually.  I seem to have the hang of it now, once it slips through the first bit the rest is like cutting butter.  The only strength I'm really using is to keep the straight wood straight!!

• Like 1

From the album:

Outlander Apothecary

· 165 images
  • 165 images
  • 0 comments
  • 312 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with HUAWEI LON-L29
  • Focal Length 4 mm
  • Exposure Time 20000000/1000000000
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 100

Recommended Comments

Interesting tool! Was thinking maybe some glass might be better to cut on, but it would be a little slippery. Or one of those silicone baking type mats? 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Interesting tool! Was thinking maybe some glass might be better to cut on, but it would be a little slippery. Or one of those silicone baking type mats? 

I have done a little research but as this is still a really new tool for the hobbyist there isn't a great deal of info out there.  I also wondered about ceramic tile.  Would the silicone baking mat melt the same as the cutting mats do you think??