© brae oktober

Old desk from Chrysnbon kitchen hutch kit, in progress

otterine

In a large group of magazines gifted to me recently, there are numerous articles on how to make more from a kit than what is presented in the instructions.  I've modified kits before, but some of these are truly remarkable and have opened my eyes to even greater possibilities.

I bought a Chrysnbon kitchen hutch kit since I had just discovered a modification perfect for an old post office.  In the November 2000 issue of Dollhouse Miniatures magazine, there are instructions for converting this hutch into a desk.  I think the vintage style is perfect.

I went my own direction using the magazine instructions as a general guide.  Since I didn't care about making anything in particular from the leftovers, I used the spare parts as needed.  It simplified things for me and worked out just as well.  Next up, finishing and hardware.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 2

From the album:

Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

· 130 images
  • 130 images
  • 0 comments
  • 266 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Thank you!  :flowers:  I have both of those books.  I'll need to take another look at them now that I've tried one bash.

Been trying to follow you on your blog!!  Glad you are posting here too.  I love your idea.  Your horse turned out amazingly perfect in my opinion.  Look forward to more on this project!!!