Finished tank platform

WBrownIV

Using various Evergreen styrene shapes, threaded rod and a few commercially available bits I scratch built the tank platform and valve assembly to resemble the photos. 

From the album:

Greenleaf Travel Trailer

· 67 images
  • 67 images
  • 0 comments
  • 77 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, PapaJKK said:

I see you have some 1-2-3 blocks. Mine are indespensible!

John

John you are not kidding!

A machinist friend of mine retired and he gave them to me for my miniature work. I don't know how I lived without them!

3 minutes ago, NellBell said:

OK guys whats a 1-2-3 block I'll look it up too. How do they help?

Hi NellBell!

A 1-2-3 block is a tool that machinists use to set up their work before starting the machining process. They get their name due to their dimensional size one inch x two inch x three inch.they are very precise in their dimensions and have a bit of weight to them. They are great for gluing things at 90 degree angles and applying pressure to an item that has been glued together. I found a ton of uses for them.

50 minutes ago, WBrownIV said:

Hi NellBell!

A 1-2-3 block is a tool that machinists use to set up their work before starting the machining process. They get their name due to their dimensional size one inch x two inch x three inch.they are very precise in their dimensions and have a bit of weight to them. They are great for gluing things at 90 degree angles and applying pressure to an item that has been glued together. I found a ton of uses for them.

Thanks so much. I did look them up but was still a little confused mostly how you might use them. Now I have a better understanding.

To add to what Bill said. They are almost always the first thing I reach for when gluing bits together, especially when they need to be square. They are great weights when gluing requires pressure aND keeping thinges flat. When I glue baseboard or crown moulding, I just shove them up against the baseboard to hold it in place. They seem pricey for a block of steel, but they are well worth it. I wish I had a set when I was building railroad models. 

John

39 minutes ago, PapaJKK said:

To add to what Bill said. They are almost always the first thing I reach for when gluing bits together, especially when they need to be square. They are great weights when gluing requires pressure aND keeping thinges flat. When I glue baseboard or crown moulding, I just shove them up against the baseboard to hold it in place. They seem pricey for a block of steel, but they are well worth it. I wish I had a set when I was building railroad models. 

John

Thanks for your imput I'm putting them on my list. I think I may actually know someone who can get me some now that I know what I'm asking for.