Carpet Shop Front, After Aging

Bluestocking

This is after numerous passes with light grey, brown, and a bit of black paint, dry-brushed, and some "damage" with an emery board.  I still have much to learn about aging, but I think it's not too bad for a novice, so a big thanks to everyone who gave me advice!

• Like 3

From the album:

Street of Shops

· 84 images
  • 84 images
  • 3 comments
  • 89 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Canon Canon EOS REBEL T5
  • Focal Length 32 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/50
  • f Aperture f/4.5
  • ISO Speed 2000

Recommended Comments

This is one of the best finishing jobs I've ever seen on the HW shop kits. I'm impressed, and a bit envious! Your signage is a marvel.

16 hours ago, Jitchiwah said:

Lovely effect! I think I’d be too scared to start aging anything in case i totally messed it up! 

I was so nervous about it that I put it off for weeks!  I painted over some of it and did it again, so I would recommend to anyone who is new at it to have the base color paint on hand.  You can also rub off some of the aging before it dries, if you know immediately that it isn't right.  "Less is more" here, and the layering of aging colors really helps to give a good effect, so just tell yourself that you can add more if it needs it. 

Try it!