Nutecote bed finished

Dalesq

I finished painting the Nutcote bed and making the mattress. I'm working on a coverlet for it and made new pillows for the old bed which I plan to sell.

Copyright

© DAL Minis
  • Like 2

From the album:

A Hermitage

· 54 images
  • 54 images
  • 0 comments
  • 138 image comments

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, shannonc60 said:

It looks so pretty! Does the pillow fabric have leaves on it? Looks great!

Yes, leaves and flowers. :) 

• Like 1

Very nice pillow. Is it hand sewn? Pillows are one of those things I hate to make, I'm always looking for shortcuts...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, fov said:

Very nice pillow. Is it hand sewn? Pillows are one of those things I hate to make, I'm always looking for shortcuts...

I don’t sew my pillows, because at half scale the stitches look too big.

I cut the fabric to size and use Dritz Fray Check along all edges. Let dry. I then fold the fabric and press the turned edges. I use thin light sheet-batting as filler, cutting a piece to the correct size. Then I triple fold the fabric around the batting, like a letter in an envelope. I use a small amount of white glue along the edge and bottom flap and then clamp them with tiny binder clips, just catching the edge in the clips. Let dry. It seals the edges without making the pillow stiff. Once dry you can “fluff” it and shape it a little bit. Easy peasy and fast to make. :) 

• Like 1